02 May, 2011

Shhh, my baby is sleeping...

That's why I have time to write up this post.

It has been a looooong time since my last post, almost 1.5 year. Too much to tell, and I am not sure where and how to start with. 
The most exciting thing has happened was, I had a baby girl! Little V came 6 weeks early than we expected. She was born on Dec 2nd, 2010, 5 lb 2 oz, and 16.5 inch long. I was having a hard time giving up coffee while I was pregnant, plus lots of restrictions of chinese rules which made my pregnancy not easy. But Little V was all healthy after she was born, it made it all worth it!

Since Little V came very sudden, we didn't prepare well enough. I bought most of the baby things, like nursery items, clothes, and stuff at the hospital while I was in the labor process. All in all, it was a great experience. The day I was discharged from the hospital, since V was a preemie, she had to stay there while I was going home. It was the hardest thing to do. While Andrew was driving me home, my tears just couldn't stop running. V did come home after 12 days, right before Christmas! She was the nicest Christmas gift to me and Andrew.

And a couple of my best friends throw me a baby shower after V came home. It was perfect, because, first of all, it was a Hello Kitty theme party, they do know me well! Also, everyone got to meet V!!! Great time!!!My co-workers also throw me another shower at work, so after all, V got lots of gifts and love!

She is now 5 month old today, about 16 lbs :) We are pleased that she is one happy baby!

Work has been super busy. Since I was out for about 3.5 months, there is a lot I need to catch up. I did travel a little bit for work. Went to Boston (for the first time) for a day, and went to Vegas for 5 days. Leaving V at home was tough, but thanks to the invention of internet, I got to video-chat with her once a day when I was gone. And because I had my maternity leave for couple of months, I missed all the snow storms this year. I was happy that I didn't have to drive 45mins to work in that kind of weather. I guess V picked the right time to come :)

We bought a house in Bethany. We bought it because we love living in the woods, loved the layout of the house since we knew that my parents were going to move in with us. They did move in with us last August, which is great! My mom has been taking care of all of us, which I really appreciated! We did have water in the basement right after we bought the house. There was a rain storm, spring 2010, and Andrew was in Hong Kong/China for business. I was home alone fighting the water for several hours until 3am. I felt so helpless, but my in-laws came rescue me first thing in the morning. They are always there when I need help :)

As for knitting, I haven't given it up yet! Although I haven't been to SnB much (miss my bitches!), I do knit at home sometimes. I will post more pictures of my projects later.

1 comment:

Pur said...

Feel great to view your sharing here again!!! Love you as always -3-