07 May, 2008

movie quiz

I saw this game from WifeMomKnitter's blog.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (or get them out of your capacious memory).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Bold it when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

Ready?

1)
You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand? The Green Mile

2) Richard. Riiiiiiiiiiiiichaaaarrrrd. Somewhere In Time. Good job WifeMomKnitter!!!

3) My father was fond of saying you need three things in life - a good doctor, a forgiving priest, and a clever accountant. The first two, I've never had much use for.
Schindler's List, guessed by Costumechick.

4) That boy is alive. We are gonna send somebody to find him. And we are gonna get him the Hell... outta there.
Saving Private Ryan, guessed by Erin.

5) Oh, no, sir. I'm sorry, sir. I could never answer to a whistle. Whistles are for dogs and cats and other animals, but not for children and definitely not for me. It would be too... humiliating. Sound of Music, guessed by BeccaH.

6) No. If we don't have the key, we can't open whatever we don't have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don't have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, guessed right by Bijal.

7) You don't understand that this isn't a story to me, it's my life! I want to live!
Stranger Than Fiction, guessed right by Octopus Knits.

8) I'm someone else. I'm white... white... WHITE! Imitation of LIfe

9)
Person A: I became...
Person B: What?
Person A: Bulimic.
Person C
: You can read minds?
Zoolander, guessed right by Cinderola.

10) I can't believe you people. I come for you, and you want to stay, I let you stay and you want to go. Meet Joe Black


Bonus 11)
I can't. I'm involved now. You let go, and I'm, I'm 'onna have to jump in there after you. Titanic, guessed also by Bijal and Erin.

I really have a strange collection, so, they could be very easy, or hard. Good luck...

11 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

2. Somewhere in Time...Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour.

3. One of the Godfather movies??

4. Behind Enemy Lines?

Unknown said...

5. Sound of Music

jennsquared said...

Sadly, I don't know any...

costumechick said...

ooo. #3 is Schindler's List.

Anonymous said...

#2 is POTC-2....loveeeeee this movie too!! :)

Anonymous said...

sorry i meant #6

Anonymous said...

#11 from Titanic! just saw the movie couple weeks ago :)

Octopus Knits said...

#7 is from Stranger Than Fiction (I think).

Erin said...

4 -- Saving Private Ryan?
11 -- Titanic?

KnelleyBelley said...

I stink at this!

Unknown said...

i actually posted this on my livejournal :-) all the ones I knew were already guessed!