24 June, 2007

Winding...

I got my yarn for my MS3 yesterday. I ordered it from Knitpicks. It's Alpaca Cloud in Smoke Heather color. I am actually surprised or should I say a bit disappointed when I first saw the yarn. I expected the color would be lighter. Oh well, I can't change anything now, except... ordering another yarn... But then what am I going to do with these yarn if I ordered another kind?


In order to do my swatch, I need to wind the yarn. So I had the swift and the winder set up, sat down, and started winding. Oh my gosh, it took forever, it seems like more than 10 mins to wind a ball of Alpaca Cloud. My arm was a bit sore after 440 yarns of yarn winding. However, while everything was set up, I might wind another ball of yarn as well hehe... So, here is it, a ball of Cherry Tree Hill, Supersock in Sugar Maple. Why did I wind sock yarn? Becuase of the Monkey. I know I know, I should start another project, I just winded the yarn, I may not have to cast it on, right? *evil smile...

By the way, I saw Val and her hubby at Texas Roadhouse last night. Andrew and I went there with Carolina, Ken and their one year old son Kevin. I love that place, we always go there, that is why we are broke. Anyway, we all had fun, since we are all dorky people, all in ME, we get along well. Looking forward to the next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your arms are getting a workout!!
BTW: you M. E. people are not dorks!! I'm jealous that you have so many friends in various groups...not like here in the boonies where all we have are deer and the bear who likes to lick our birdseed from the ground! Oh, well.
Keep winding!
Mom H.

Octopus Knits said...

I've also had the problem of ordering yarn online and it not being quite what I expected. I think your Alpaca cloud and Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn are lovely, and I hope you have fun with them. I need to swatch for the Mystery Stole, too!

acambras said...

I do think your MS3 yarn is very pretty. :-)

Anne