02 December, 2007

New meme

I have been tagged by Wife, "Mom", Knitter. And here I go...

1. What are your favorite things to knit?
Socks, hats, and lace projects I would say.

2. What yarn/fiber do you like most?
I would vote for Debbie Bliss Alpaca silk like the others too. I love alpaca, silk and cashmere. (Who doesn't?) I do like zephyr lace and Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn.

3. What needles do you tend to use (i.e. type/material)?
Circulars. I love my Knitpicks Options. I also love bamboo needles too.

4. Do you tend to knit more in one specific part of the year than others?
I guess knit more during the school holidays and breaks. But I knit all year round too.

5. What style of knitting do you use?
English. But I hold the right needles between my thumb and index finger, so when I throw the yarn, the right needle sits on top my hand.

6. Do you consider yourself a “fast” knitter?
I don't think so.

7. Who is your favorite knitting author(s)?
I don't recognize any author yet. But I there are lots of patterns that I like are from the same authors. I guess I am not good at names.

8. What is your favorite by said author(s)?
Not sure.

9. How long ago did you learn to knit?
17 years ago, I learned how to knit and purl. However, I learned how to read pattern when I joined SnB last September.

10. How do you knit small in-the-round objects? (i.e. double points, 2 circulars, or the magic loop)
Mostly magic loop, sometimes dpns.

11. What is the most useful technique you’ve learned so far?
Magic loop. I use it for socks, hats and sweaters. LOVE it.

12. Do you prefer to knit fine gauge items, mid-range gauge items, or large gauge items, or do you like it all?
I started to like fine gauge items after knitting MS3 and some socks. I also like mid-range too.

13. How do you like to knit your sweaters?
Like Wife, "Mom", Knitter, I also only knitted one sweater. Oh I also knitted a vest. And I have casted on a second sweater. I guess I like to knit it in round or top down, because I hate the seaming part of it.

14.) Who do wish to tag? I am guessing most of the Thursday night SnBers have been tagged, so I am tagging BeckyLinn, Octopus Knits, and Wednesday and Sunday meetings' SnBers!!!

1 comment:

WifeMomKnitter said...

Thank you, girlfriend, for responding!